The Midland School’s Preschool (Midland Tots) is part of The Midland School’s Department of Education approved private special education program. The Midland School celebrates nearly 60 years of experience serving children and adolescents with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Specially crafted for children ages 3 and 4, Midland Tots is designed to meet the needs of early learners during this critical stage in their cognitive, social, and emotional development. Our program provides individualized instruction and tailored therapies based on each student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).
This one to two year individualized program for preschool-aged students focuses on early intervention and specialized instruction. The goal of the Midland Tots Program is to integrate students into the Midland program at an early age to maximize progress in the child’s IEP and all areas of their learning and growth.
The Midland Tots Preschool Program offers a full-time program which operates 210 days of the year, including a six-week Extended School Year (ESY) program.
Preschool curriculum aligns with all NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards and uses a mix of traditional school subjects and cutting-edge educational programs to best serve each child. Specialized programs we offer include:
- Handwriting Without Tears™
- Toilet Training
- Feeding/Oral Motor Program (for sound
- production and eating skills)
- Sensory Integration Program (for brain organization
- and multi-sensory interpretation)
Key Elements of The Midland Tots Preschool Program
- NJ State approved private special education preschool program.
- Individualized instruction and 2:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Preschool students can participate in afterschool recreational activities with age-appropriate peers.
- Integrated related services (Speech, OT and PT) are included.
- Social Skills Instruction and Assistive Technology support are offered.
- Assurance of a safe and secure school environment.
- The standard Midland School tuition rate applies.
For questions, more information, or to schedule a tour please contact the Education Office at 908-722-8222 ext 103 or email email@example.com