Campus office visits, and guided tours of our facilities and programs are available, and our Child Study Team welcomes your inquiries and interest.
If the IEP team at your local school district is considering Midland for educational placement, please contact the Principal at 908-722-8222 ext 101. The Midland School is also pleased to welcome CST members at any time for observations or tours of the School and its facilities.
Midland’s Admissions Process
The Midland CST accepts student paperwork with letters of application from all public school districts.
The Student Packet should include:
- Most recent evaluation reports from all disciplines
- The Current IEP
- The most recent progress report(s) from the present placement
This paperwork is reviewed by the Principal to determine:
- If the student is one who may benefit from the program
- If there is an opening in a specific age range classroom, with a peer group, that meets the child’s academic, communication and social/behavioral needs
If the Principal determines that the child may be an appropriate candidate for placement, a letter is sent to the District CST Case Manager asking them to have the family schedule an appointment for an intake/evaluation.
During the Intake/Eval appointment…
- The student is seen by a member of the Midland CST to informally assess his or her levels of functioning in the areas of communication, academics, behavior and social skills.
- Simultaneously, the family meets with a staff member to tour the facility (if this has not already been accomplished).
- At the completion of this informal interview, some verbal feedback may be given to the family in regard to the student’s performance and the availability of an actual placement.
The Midland CST then meets to determine if we can provide an appropriate program for the candidate. A formal letter indicating the status of the candidate’s acceptance is sent to the District CST Case Manager as promptly as possible.