To request an application be mailed to you, please email your request with your name, address and resume.
The Midland School
The Midland School, a DOE approved special education school for 5-21 year old students with multiple disabilities in North Branch (Somerset County), NJ seeks on call, per diem Substitute Teachers & Aides. Requirements: Aides – minimum of a High School Diploma. Teachers -Substitute Teachers certificate or Teachers certification for Teachers. Previous experience highly preferred. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Rose Dudek, HR Manager at Dudek@midlandschool.org. (All Substitute positions are subject to Department of Education Fingerprint and background checks).
Employment Services – Special Education Job Coach
The Midland School is a non-profit organization for developmentally disabled students and adults. Our Work Center Program offers supervised job training and employment to adults and students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We’re currently seeking enthusiastic and caring Job Coaches at the Work Center to help train students and young adults in transitional work skills. You’ll have the opportunity to work with students and young adults both at our Work Center located in Branchburg NJ as well as 50 different training sites near the Branchburg area.
We provide paid training for this role, but previous experience working with individuals or children with disabilities are a big plus.
Hours: Monday – Friday (up to 30 hours a week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Getting to know the individuals through daily conversation to better understand them and find the best ways to help them learn new skills
• Instructs the individuals in the work center on job skills
• Assist individuals in reinforcing essential skills, teaching new skills as appropriate
• Transport individuals to and from the job location (company vehicle)
• Work side by side at work station or off site location, helping individuals learn by breaking down job into manageable tasks
• Coaches the participants to stay on task to complete the work and also help completing the work participants are unable to do
• Monitor for Quality Control on products completion in order to adhere to deadlines
• Communicate and record participant progress to supervisor
• Personal Care for individuals as needed
1. HS Diploma with at least 1 year of experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities
2. Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
3. Must be able to work in multiple environment at offsite locations (may be in contact with animals, warehouse environment, cleaning products, etc)
4. Proactive, energetic, and professional
5. Self-motivated, punctual and work well in a team environment
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
7. Patience, persistence and a positive work attitude
8. Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with individuals receiving support
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Rose Dudek, HR Manager at email@example.com
Residential Services – Registered Nurse (part-time)
Supervisor: Residential Program Director
Purpose: To coordinate health services, provide staff training and direct intervention to meet the health care needs of the individuals in Residential Services
*Valid Nursing license
*Experience in community nursing
*Valid NJ Driver’s License with a good driving record
*Criminal Background Clearance
*Lifting or assist in lifting disabled adults as medically necessary
*Provides on-call support as determined by the program needs
*Proficient in MS Office applications
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
*Work 25-hours/week; flexible schedule, may require some evenings and weekends.
*Successfully complete and demonstrate proficiency in all areas of required training including
Abuse & Neglect, Mediation Administration, Shifting Expectations: Changes in Perception, Life Experience, & Services, and CPR/First Aid.
*Provide nursing coordination for individuals that meet their health care needs through periodic home visits.
*Function as a liaison and advocate for the individuals when dealing with physicians, psychiatrists and consultants as needed.
*Provide on-going health care training to staff.
*Implement and train employees on new and revised health related policies and procedures in a timely manner.
*Participate in regular pharmacy reviews with the consulting pharmacist and follow up as needed.
*Audit medication administration in the homes.
Interested Candidates: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Residential Services – Support Counselors and Substitutes
Are you caring and reliable? Do you enjoy shopping, cooking and cleaning? Make a difference in someone’s life! Be a Support Counselor and work directly with developmentally disabled adults in a community residence providing daily supports. Requirements: HS diploma/GED and valid driver’s license. Experience helpful; training provided; $10.50/hr. Excellent health benefits for full-time positions. EOE A/A Fax resume: 908-927-9895 or email email@example.com.
The following hours are available:
Full-time Support Counselor (40 hrs): Monday 2pm-10pm, Tuesday, Wednesday 2pm-11pm, Saturday 9am-11pm
Full-time Support Counselor (40 hrs): Wednesday 3pm-11pm; Thursday, Friday 2pm-11pm; Saturday 9am-11pm
Part-time Support Counselor (37 hrs): Monday – Wednesday 3pm-11pm;Sunday 9am-10pm.
Part-time Support Counselor (30 hrs): Thursday-Saturday 11pm-9am.
Part-time Support Counselor (29 hrs): Thursday, Friday 3pm-11pm; Saturday 9am-10pm.
Part-time Support Counselor (27 hrs): Thursday, Friday 3pm-10pm; Saturday 9am-10pm.
Part-time Support Counselor (22 hrs): Monday 3pm-10pm; Tuesday, Friday 6pm-9pm; Thursday (3hrs. flexible); Saturday 9am-3pm.
Part-time Support Counselor (21 hrs): Wednesday 3pm-11pm, Thursday 6pm-11pm; Saturday 2pm-10pm.